Light exposure is nothing new, and it used to be that most of the blue light that we absorbed was through natural sunlight. While blue light is essential to regulating our circadian rhythm and keeping us awake during the daytime, with technology we are now being exposed to potentially harmful blue light several hours each day.
What can this exposure effect?
Over-exposure to blue light rays through tablets, Smartphones and computer screens can have several negative effects, including:
- Blurred vision
- Suppression of melatonin, which helps us sleep at night
Some people are spending up to eight hours a day staring at a screen, and even children have access to these devices for long periods of time.
How do blue light-canceling lenses work?
The science is in the color. The lenses are tinted to effectively block out blue light so that our eyes absorb dramatically less while wearing them. Yellow is the natural color that combats particular wavelength of color. BluTech Lenses are made to effectively block out up to 455nm of blue light rays, which is the highest spectrum, where it matters most.
How are the newest lenses different from the glasses of the past?
Some people think of blue light-canceling glasses as being unattractive, ineffective, and costly. Not so, these days. The newest lenses can be:
- Attractively framed with a barely noticeable tint
- Can block up to 455nm of blue light, the highest on the spectrum
- Can be just as affordable as regular lenses and found at most eye doctor offices
- Can come in both regular lenses, sunglasses, and even children’s lenses, even if they don’t need corrective vision.
Blue light-canceling lenses can help to ease some of the effects of digital eye strain, so you can work or play with your favorite devices and keep your eyes comfortable all day long.
Find BluTech Near You