BluTech Lenses are designed to reduce the amount of harmful blue light rays that enter our eyes.
Blue light rays are responsible for a wide array of health and medical complications, including eyestrain, headaches and disrupted sleep cycles.
Who benefits most?
BluTech lenses benefit:
- Children under Age 18
- Contact lens wearers
- Patients with family histories of macular problems
- Post-op cataract or LASIK patients
- Anyone that uses digital devices for 3 hours or more on a daily basis
Unfortunately, children at are at a significantly higher risk of experiencing damaging blue ray effects because:
- Their eyes do not have any natural protection.
- They tend to hold their electronic devices closer – holding a device as much as 1-inch closer increases exposure by more than four times.
- They have larger pupils.
- Their exposure averages around 9 hours per day.
- If they wear contacts, their blinking rate is cut in half, which means more blue light penetrates their eyes for longer periods.
Children’s eyesight is important. Older generations didn’t grow up in a world that revolves around artificial lighting, TVs and electronic devices. As our world evolves and changes to revolve around technology, our exposure to blue light increases. Instead of avoiding devices, which is an integral part of today’s society, it’s important for people to arm themselves and their children, with the necessary defenses to combat blue rays.
BluTech lenses offers several different formulations, designed for both children and adults alike.
- BluTech Ultra Indoor – This is perfect for every-day 24/7 wear and work safety glasses.
- BluTech Classic Indoor – Great for a second pair and office use.
- BluTech Max Indoor – Ideal for non-prescription wearers and contact lens patients.
- BluTech Polarized Outdoors – The best everyday pair of sunglasses for outdoor events and driving.